(as of Feb 05,2021 00:47:26 UTC – Details)
As the first professional roaster in Europe and through constant innovation, Julius Meinl has built a unique and highly successful coffee culture based on Viennese tradition, standing for expertise, tradition, and premium quality products.
STATE OF THE ART PACKAGING
- NITROGEN-FLUSHED DEGASSING, ONE-WAY VALVE: Whole beans are packed in bags with one-way valve enabling roast gases to escape without allowing air in (less than 2% oxygen)
- VACUUM: Ground coffee is packed under vacuum
- FOILS: To protect the sensitive roasted coffee from oxygen, odor, humidity, heat, and light, it is packed in high-barrier air-tight foils immediately
- Extensive know-how in green coffee purchasing and established relationships with farmers
- A careful selection of beans by the 5th generation Meinl family and a typical Viennese roasting by specialists helps ensure the perfect cup of coffee
One of the Oldest Roasters – 160 years
- 1862 – Julius Meinl I opens a spice shop in Vienna’s city centre selling green coffee beans, cocoa, tea, spices, rice, and sugar
- 1877 – Julius Meinl II revolutionizes coffee roasting – for the first time, the beans did not contact coal gases and were free from an aftertaste while retaining the full natural aroma
- 1913 – Largest roaster in the Austro-Hungarian Empire and largest coffee and tea importer in Central Europe populated with 50 million
- Fair Trade – guarantees importers, roasters, and coffee traders pay a minimum to farmers
- Kosher – human rights, religious freedom
- Rainforest Alliance – NGO to conserve biodiversity
- 4 C Association – contribute to a better coffee world
- 100% recyclable packaging
500g bag (17.6oz). BEAN TYPE: Arabica, Robusta. AROMA: Rich citrus & floral nuances, full taste. FLAVOR: Soft & sweet, fine & rich acidity that leaves a fresh aftertaste. CREMA: Slim & compact, light-colored. ROAST LEVEL: 2 out of 5. Produced in Julius Meinl’s plant in Italy.
“Jubiläum” (in Austrian) or “Jubilee” means a special anniversary. This blend was created to celebrate the 100th birthday anniversary of Julius Meinl Coffee in 1962.
LEADING COMPANY: Julius Meinl is THE ambassador of UNESCO coffeehouse culture since 1862 (160 years) as the first roaster and constant innovation. Serves 70 countries and 40,000 customers daily. SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE: Fair Trade, Kosher Certified, 4 C Association, Rainforest Alliance.
DIRECTIONS: Smooth and low in acidity & may be used for espresso (15g for double shot) or filter coffee and enjoyed throughout the day. Once opened, store in an air sealed container to retain the flavor.